I have to admit, I love crispy, salty potato chips. But I know as well as anyone how much fat and “bad” oils they contain, so they are eaten very very sparingly. However I don’t want to give up that crispy, salty, perfect snack. So instead I eat Kale Chips. They are super healthy, ready in minutes and really do the job when you have that snack like craving.
Plus Kale is fat-free! High in Fiber, Iron, Calcium, Vitamins A, K and C and it’s an anti-inflammatory food.
- 1 bunch kale, washed
- 1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- sprinkle of good quality Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
Feel free to get creative and add spices to your Kale Chips, for example some garlic powder or chili powder.
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Wash kale and cut stems off. Cut into chip size pieces.
- In a large boil add kale, olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss around to coat the kale.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place kale on top, laying flat, try not to over lap.
- Bake for about 10-15 min. Keeping an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Remove from oven and once cool, place in a bowl and try not to eat all in one sitting…but, hey, they’re so good for you its ok if you do! 🙂